Adelaide Older Kids Playgrounds
Morialta Conservation Park Playground
The eagle has landed at Morialta Playground… in a 7 metre tall nest – and your kids can climb it! Yep, the new playground at Morialta Conservation Park is NOW OPEN and it’s AWESOME! Best suited to kids aged 5-15years, it is great to see a play area perfect for older families .
The stunningly designed, HUGE and super fun playground has been designed with a Nature Play theme, with elements from Aboriginal culture. This super impressive $900,000 development features five themed play areas that are built across the Stradbroke Road picnic area. Come ready to explore Frog Island, Eagle’s Perch, Great Snake, Bird Nests and climbing boulders, as well as paths, creeks, rock walls and climbing trees.
Please be aware that the Morialta Playground isn’t fenced, has a nearby creek and road and has plenty of areas where you’ll have to keep a hand &/or close eye on kids with high falls possible etc which makes it less suitable for younger kids but awesome fun for older ones!
The Morialta Conservation Park Playground is located just 10 minutes drive from the Adelaide CBD and its new playground is ones of the biggest and most impressive Nature Playgrounds in Australia. Designed by the good folks at Climbing Tree and Peter Semple Landscape Architects the crew have been fitting this huge playspace out over the winter and its awesome to see it now open for Adelaide families.
Things we love about the new Morialta Playground:
- The whole playground is all about nature – incorporating natural elements and materials all around,
- The massive snake structure that kids can play in & on (if they are big and brave enough!),
- The GIANT Birds Nests with rope ladders, walkways, and log frames – and a giant metal slide from the biggest one!
- The HUGE expanse – this play area is actually 4 distinct spaces located next to each other in the Morialta Conservation Park,
- The featured wood carving works by local Kaurna Indigenous sculptor Allan Sumner,
- The lovely BBQ area, new toilets, shelters and HEAPS of shadey areas,
- The creek – our kids LOVE to ‘search for creatures’ in the creek – so many hours spent here!,
- The short walk to the Morialta First Falls waterfall – you can even take the pram there and our 2 year old can handle the walk,
- The climb to the Giants Cave – only about 50 steps up and a great view down the valley.
- Koala spotting – we have never visited without spotting at least 1 or 2 koalas!
There are BBQs, toilets, shaded table and bench seats all around the area and solid under cover areas.
** please note that there is unrestricted/unfenced access to the creek that often flows and runs close by the playground area. It is also unfenced to Stradbroke Rd, which is about 50-80m from the Playspace
Check out Morialta Playground on Instagram
Morialta Nature Playground
Where: Morialta Conservation Park, Woodforde