MINI NINJA OBSTACLE COURSE IS OPEN!
Calling all Mini Ninjas. Heywood Park in Unley is the place to be. In addition to the 2 separate play areas this play space has the Unley Council have now added an awesome Mini Ninja course designed for ages 10 – 14. In addition, the area provides a new fitness based activity hub for all to utilise.
We love how the council have created this space with a natural flare in mind so the kids balance and climb on logs and stumps, run up and over mounds, and use rocks as stepping stones.
The ninja course is actually designed to get people following a course of obstacles to run, jump, crawl or move any other way possible through the challenges to the Finish line. It’s a great challenge and certainly something that will keep the older kids enjoying for quite a while.
You’ll also find monkey bars, rope climbing nets, a wooden climbing wall and lots more. The mini Ninjas will love it (and so will many bigger ninjas!)
In addition to the Mini Ninja course the The City of Unley has secured a $264,000 Smart Cities and Suburbs Grant from the Federal Government to integrate smart technology at the park. This will improve safety and usability of the popular park .
With a HUGE open, grassed area, Heywood Park Playground has room for picnics and play. There’s also toilet facilities, a BBQ area and parking. It is a really lovely park in a quiet location and has plenty of trees to keep you sheltered from the sun. The park features two existing playgrounds, one is smaller and more suitable for younger children while the other playground is much larger and has equipment higher up. Great for all ages.
Things to know:
- There’s not a lot of shade provided for the new ninja equipment, but there are a lot of trees around.
- The playground area is not fenced to the surrounding roads.
- There are huge big branches that are used as borders around different sections of the park and kids LOVE to use these as balancing beams and natural climbing structures
- The park is very close to King William Road where you can hit plenty of cafe’s, eateries and shops
- Top spot for a birthday party!
Heywood Park Playground
Where: Corner of Northgate and Grove Streets, Unley Park