Winterfest 2017 – A week of winter warming wonder
Take a bow Our Port Adelaide and Renewal South Australia for creating a spectacular FREE (well mostly) experience for us Adelaideians this Winter when hibernating becomes creature of habit.
Adeliadeians I am telling you now… cancel Uber Eats – put on a jacket and scarf – extend bedtime and get down to Winterfest this next week and join in the celebration of Winter in our great city.
All the nitty gritty can be found on The very informative Port Adelaide Facebook Page however for some insiders tips, loves and thoughts see below from us at Kids in Adelaide…
Dates & Times
14-23 July 2017. Yup one week not one month so do not think you have until “after school holidays” this. is. it. period.
Sunday* – Wednesday, 10.00am – 8.00pm *excluding Sunday 23 July, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday – Saturday, 10.00am – 10.00pm
FREE Super easy in the heart of Port Adelaide right next to the event and loads of street parking nearby too
When to go?
Winterfest is open day and night check times here. If your wanting to kill some time for a school holiday activity then sure go during the day BUT if you want a Winter Experience like you could be in Aspen with a mix of down town Brooklyn among the fairy lights and warm fire… hit this place up at NIGHT for the full experience. The activation is amazing and night time eclectic feel would give it the credit it deserves.
How much will it cost?
- Entry is FREE to go and take a look around.
- Food and drinks are available onsite
- Public Skating 1 Hour – Child $8.50 | Adult (over 14) – $14 | Family (2 adults/2 children or 1 adult/3 children from the same family) – $35 | Penguin Hire – $5
What to Bring
- Umbrella for non covered areas (most is covered so huge plus)
- Side handbag around the shoulder if your one going ice skating vs over shoulder (very annoying) then you don’t have to buy a locker or keep handbag unattended
- Skates if you have them (full fee still applies but you may feel more comfy in yours)
- A helper if your taking the little one skating for the first time ….(for you , them, pictures, to carry you off the ice with a sore back…)
What to leave…
- Your it’s too cold attitude…. (there is heaps of inside room and areas – think ski lodge in Aspen with FIRE and comfy Leather chairs)
- Tiny Teddies … the food here is AMAZING and the lunch box snacks will just not cut it
- Blankets – they have them to borrow!
Who is it for …
Honestly I see this place as a date night venue in itself ! Since we are reading a Kids Review… it would be cruel NOT to take them to such an experience. It is all about soaking it in and the main draw card – the ice skating so ages 4+ would be my recommendation to get a great day out for everyone.
I was not expecting to see…
- Huge Indoor areas
- Markets with cool products to purchase
- Performances daily plus a cocktail making class (check FB page for details)
- Exclusive (and well thought out) Kids Zone (and inside too)
- Gourmet Food Trucks Galore beyond the norm of hot chips (I had Gnocchi with Burnt Butter and Sage….mmmmm)
- Pre Purchase Ice Skating tickets BEFORE you get there click here to purchase
- Playground behind the event area to burn off energy if needed after all that food (more for day time not well lit at night)