Virginia Community Playground
For a fully fenced playground – this was a huge area – but not so big that you can’t see your kids at all times.
A great playground for toddlers to about 6-8 years old – but then the climbing frame and basketball ring could be good for those a bit older and as it is adjoining the local footy oval – plenty of room for bigger kids to kick around, fly a kite, run etc or even ride bikes around the outer oval track (think country footy oval)
What we love
- Shades over MOST play equipment
- Shaded BBQ and table area
- Exercise Equipment
- Two swings (toddler and normal)
- Traditional monkey bars
- Small-Medium Slippery Dip – we loved the proper steps with hand rails for toddlers
- Huge Climbing Frame
- Spinning pole
- Paved paths perfect for learner scooters
- Basketball ring with plenty of concrete and space to play
- Soft astro turf under play gear (not sand or bark)
- Well maintained / neat and tidy for its age apart from the piercing squeak from the swings –
- The toilets are outside of fence, but very close by.
- Ample parking – no walking
What could be better:
- No accessible equipment
- Opened in 2008 it is looking a bit tired and dated
- Not a lot for older kids 6 – 8yo +
Virginia is home to some of our states best fresh produce – easy to do some local fruit and veg shopping while you are out this way and usually you are buying direct from the farmers, rather than the big supermarkets.
For us this play ground was only 5-10 minutes off of the Port Wakefield Road and was a much quieter easier alternative to stopping at St Kilda Playground, especially for little kids.
17 Park Rd, Virginia SA 5120