There are 91 days of summer in 2019\/20 ! The season that brings us sunshine, day -light savings, school holidays, summer breaks, christmas and balmy night beach hangs and more.
There is nothing like a summer love affair with Adelaide so for 91 days of summer loving here is a list of 91 hit list items to try this season.
Oh where to BEGIN?! From the local favourites to the out of town suggestions we hope you find some summer hits that might even become new traditions.
1. Surfs up at Moana Beach. Moana beach is the best place to challenge the tide. You can run out to sea with a bodyboard in hand and ride the waves pulling you back to shore. Moana is beautiful place to learn to surf because of its learner waves (and) it’s a great way for families to experience something different from their local beach.
2. Silos of South Australia. Kick of 2020 with discovering a new SILO in SA. Pack up the car and pick a town and support regional SA.
3. Innes Itinerary What lies 3.5 hours from Adelaide? Your next backyard discovery that will WOW you with so much adventure
4. Find a new beach that you have never been too. Normanville, Second Valley, Port Willunga are some of SA gems.
5. Cool down on a heatwave day at the Adelaide Aquatic Centre
6. Be on top of the world at the GIANT Mix 102.3 ferris wheel at Glenelg
7. Leaving SA? Have a stop over at Atura Adelaide Airport Hotel to plane watch from the super cool rooms (make sure you book a runway view)
8. Climb a tree !
9. Start a sunset album – how many epic sunsets can you capture?
10. Eat Fish and Chips at Henley Beach on a hot summer’s night
11. Get Fringed! See the opening, go to a $10 show, a best seller or just garden hop!
12. Live it up at Marion Holiday Park for a little city vacay but you will think your miles away from home
13. Go to a big bash league game at Adelaide Oval
14. Spend the morning at Semaphore
15. Discover a South Australian rock pool
16. Cheer on the riders at the Tour Down Under
17. Discover a new playground – one of our facourites in summer is Tusmore
18. Camp in your background or on your trampoline!
19. Want the real camping experience? Check out our great spots 2 hours from Adelaide
20. Get Wedgied at the Big Wedgie with TWO locations this year !
21. Water Balloon fight under the sprinkler
23. Swim in the ocean at dusk
25. Hit the slides or the bumper boats at Glenelg’s beach house
26. Make a giant slip and slide ! Head down to Bunnings for a giant plastic sheet and dont forget a huge bottle of detergent
27.Watch the fireworks at Australia Day in the City
28. Discover a new playground in a new suburb that you have been meaning to try
29. Have a Christmas light journey at Adelaide’s top spots to catch the best lights in town!
30. Enjoy a summer picnic on the River Torrens followed by a ride on the pop-eye
31. Hold a Summer Garage Sale or Gum Tree Sale … sort through old toys and make a few dollars for some great summer fun
32. Try a home made recipe for ice blocks (we have snuck in a few adult cheeky ones too).
33.Cast off from an Adelaide jetty and catch a whopper ! Brighton, Glenelg, Henley Beach and Semaphore are some of the best fishing spots. Many anglers fish from the jetties for tommy ruff, trout, mulloway, bream and squid
34. Stargazing in the Riverland With the fresh river air and accompanying birdsong, this late-night entertainment is a program highlight! View our guide to stargazing in South Australia for more information.
35. Visit a South Australian Pink Lake
36. Ship ahoy! Park yourself at Outer Harbour and watch a cruise ship arrive or depart and welcome or farewell the great big gems of the sea
37. Pick a bucket of Cherries during Cherry Picking season in the Adelaide Hills
38. Climb the biggest rocking horse in the world at The Giant Rocking Horse , feed the animals in the wildlife park and discover an incredible range of toys, games and puzzles made on site.
39. Go chocco locco at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
40.Get Splashed at Splash Town in Moonta Bay
41.When was the last time you flew a kite? If you cannot remember… purchase one and head to the park or beach. Pick a clear area to run and fly a kite of your choice. Flying a kite teaches your kids patience and coordination. A plus is that they are pretty to watch high in the sky, with a bright sun, during a fun summer day!
42. Place the sprinkler under the trampoline or jump on it with water balloons
43. Be brave on the GIANT swing at Mega Adventure Aerial Playground
44. Create a home slushie, sundae or snow cone station
45. Spend an hour (or two) at the water fountains at Glenelg
46. 7km Hallett Cove Boardwalk clifftop stroll along the rocky coastline between Marino and Hallett Cove.
47. Check out the summer parks of the month !
48. Visit your local library for some great community events and to catch up on summer reading
49. Visit a South Australia rock pool Carrickalinga, Innes National Park, Stokes Bay or Oliver’s Reef are same of our favourites.
50. Spot a penguin at Granite Island
51. Create your family Tree – Christmas Time is a great time to get all the relatives helping too.
52. Say farewell to 2019 in Elder Parks with the awesome fireworks display
53. Get revved up at the Super Loop Adelaide 500
54. Try a Kids in Adelaide top rated Babychino
55. Try a game of waterballoon baseball
56. Use the summer to teach your kids how to plant! Plant flowers or vegetables in your flower bed or in a pot by your home. They can water it every day and watch them bloom.
57.It a Summer Toy Swap with your friends to clear out the clutter and get some new games and fun things to play with.
58. Enrol in a TAFE SA short course with the kids like Christmas baking !
59. Visit the magical Santa at Santa’s Wonderland
60. Pack the car and head camping for a day or two or three! Check out our favourite spots near Adelaide
61. Explore the street art of Adelaide and the surrounding suburbs
62. Take a ride in an Eco Caddy around Adelaide City or make a pre booked tour
63. Check out our raves and reviews on the best kid friendly eats in Adelaide city
64. Discover a great flying fox in Adelaide
65. Immerse yourself in Adelaide’s museum culture! From the army to trains, maritime to motorcars… there is something for everyone
66. Check out your local travel agent and grab some brochures to design your dream summer holiday. Create a vision board at your house for everyone’s dream holiday
67. Go to Tapleys Hill Road and plane watch on a summer’s night and dream about that holiday!
68.l Host a family or friend summer lunch and theme it summer style weather it be Hawaiian, beach theme or flamingoes! Get the kids involved to pick out the decorations and design a menu
69.Homemade Lemonade! Fresh, homemade & on ice… perfecto ! check out some great recipes online
70. Unwind. They aren’t fondly referred to as the dog days of summer for nothing! Reserve the right to declare it a day to unwind and ignore work obligations, do not make any commitments, relax, nap, read and order uber eats
71. Drive In Movie Night…. Outdoor Cinema….Community Night movies in parks – see a flick under the stars this summer
72. Visit the State Library of South Australia and research your families history.
73. Take a tube down woodside giant slide
74. Explore a new market in Adelaide – there are sooo many too chose from!
75. Leave town and hit up a holiday park either in a tent or lash out in a cool cabin
76. Catch a summer blockbuster flick at one of Adelaide’s great cinemas
77. Take a tour of the awesome SAHMRI building
78. Explore the botanic gardens with a picnic
79. Can you take the challenge of city to beach or beach to city on the River Torrens Linear Park ?
80. Discover a new market filled with fresh food, home made treats and quirky homewares!
81. Try a super easy summer slime recipe at home !
82. Gather buckets, spades, cartons and head to your local beach to make the biggest epic sandcastle ever
83. Make an awesome fort at home under the table on hot summers day to keep cool when its just too hot to go outside!
84. Touch up on your skills at AFL Max in the off season
85. Master the Ninja Course at Latitude
86. Get crafty with some new projects
87. Grab a bat and head to the beach for some beach cricket or even your local park
88. Escape the giant maze at Mintaro
89. Conquer new heights at Adelaide Oval Roof Climb
90. Spot a Dolphin on a dolphin cruise from Port Adelaide or Glenelg
91.Catch the Cockle Train from Port Elliot and stop at the bakery for a yummy christmas donut
Phew…. did you get through the list? lots of new ideas? we love that Adelaide has sooo many great options especially lots of FREE things and low cost variety too! Enjoy summer people x