How to Make Fluffy Slime
This slime recipe is a follow up to our original Super Simple Slime recipe.
We decided to up the slime skills and try making Fluffy Slime. Just as easy, just needs a few extra ingredients.
What you’ll need
- Borax (found in the cleaning aisle of the supermarket and about 5 bucks) ** Please be aware that borax is a cleaning chemical and requires ADULT SUPERVISION** In small quantities it’s safe BUT it’s not to be left unsupervised!
- Craft Glue. We used white craft PVA glue from Kmart. $4
- Shaving cream
- Foaming hand wash
- Moisturiser (whatever you’ve got lying around)
- 1 large cup
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Food colouring
- Air tight containers to store
Tips to remember……vinegar dissolves slime, toothpaste removes food colouring from hands.
How to make it
- Mix 1 teaspoon of borax with 1 cup of warm water. Stir stir stir until it’s dissolved and then put aside.
- In the other bowl add 1/2 cup of glue, 1/2 cup shaving cream, 1/2 cup foaming handwash, 1 tsp cornstarch and a couple pumps of moisturiser. Stir
- Add your food colouring. Stir again
- 1 tsp at a time mix in the borax mixture and stir. You’ll need to experiment with how much you need for your perfect slime consistency, but we found around 3-4 tsp worked well.
- You’ll notice almost straight away that your mixture starts to become sticky and slimy. When it’s at the point you can take it out of the bowl with your hands start kneading and folding your slime until it’s nice and stretchy. Add more borax if it’s too sticky. Add a tiny bit of plain water if it’s too tough.
And there you have it! Fluffy, stretchy SLIME! Store it in an airtight container and it’ll last a while too.