Le Hunte Reserve is a great little park tucked off Goodwood Rd in Wayville, so while parking is easy and it’s lovely and quiet, it’s close to amenities and easily accessible by the tram if you want to make it a bit of an outing.
This little reserve has multiple slides, a hanging seesaw, swings, multiple bridges and lots of climbing options to best suit ages 3-9 year olds. There is a little play area underneath the raised platform for pretend play such as shops etc. We know you all love monkey bars, and Le Hunte Reserve playground has a couple of sets, including regular and handle bars.
What we love:
- Fully fenced with plenty of shade
- Play equipment perfect for kindy and primary school aged kids with lots of climbing options
- A little creek (sometimes) runs under a bridge (all securely fenced) which is great for stick boat races
- Heaps of room to throw a frisbee, kick a ball, play hide and seek, have a picnic etc
- Community barbecue and seating
Unfortunately there are no toilets located on site at Le Hunte Reserve but there is one at the BP just next door, and there isn’t much for toddlers and crawlers as most of the play equipment is a bit high.
Thanks to Ann-Marie for this playground submission. Her extra tip: The playground is right by Drakes Foodland which has many ready to eat hot meals, as well as hot chickens, fresh rolls, sandwiches and a great selection for picnics. Definitely worth popping in there for barbecue supplies, an ice cream, or anything you may have forgotten.