Jamie’s Italian Adelaide
We wanted to drop you a quick line to say thanks for the invite to your Adelaide restaurant!
We are sorry we missed you but don’t worry, we were made to feel very welcome from your team who took very good care of us and just like your cookbooks, it was fast, fresh and fun … all in one hour which is tops for us not to be waiting too long when attention spans and boredom can show up quite quickly!
We’ll definitely be back soon
From Me (30 something busy Mum of two) and Mr Fussy Four Year Old
Kid Friendliness – 4 fish fingers out of 5!
- Pram Parking – yes loads of room plus around the table as well
- Accessible (limited stairs) – yes – very easy in and out
- Table Activity – Yes – colouring in mat plus crayons and a camera slide projector to keep busy
- High Chairs – yes!
- Changing Facilities – yes!
- Parking nearby (North Terrace U Park) with a short 5-minute walk OR better yet catch the train into town for an adventure and take a quick 5 min stroll to the restaurant (pretty much opposite the train station)
- Fast service
One fish finger was lost due to kids request for a milkshake… it is one of kids favorite things after all… did not think it would be too hard to make on request?
Oh well… and seemed to have not been offered kids activities to keep us busy.. only noticed on way out. The restaurant in itself was enough entertainment however.
Menu – 4 fish fingers out of 5!
- Two sized options – Little Kids & Big Kids Servings!
- Comfort offerings with yummy flavours
- Shake me salad in a jar for something different (comes with all meals – great inclusion)
- Unlimited fruity water (and that I did not see soft drinks listed on the menu)
- Great thinking outside the box – with a picnic box option
- Nibbles / Antipasto / Mains for the gown ups!
One fish finger was lost as you did not have kiddy (or even entrée cutlery) and was a bit heavy to for mister four to use adult cutlery!
Menu can be located here for pre-browsing…
Atmosphere- 5 fish fingers out of 5!
- Exposed main kitchen at the back wall to watch the Chefs in action – a great sight for kids to see up close!
- Bathroom bonus! This restaurant has THE most unique restaurant bathrooms in the city. The old bank vaults in the basement have been converted into bathrooms among jail like bars. Cool for kids!
- Busy and Bustling – Lots of atmosphere to look at and surround yourself with – the cathedral windows to the deli-like middle bar
- Yummy and inexpensive cocktail menu for Mum and Dad
Kids Eat Free Menu these April School Holidays
To celebrate the school holidays, your little ones can come in and eat for free!
Kids will enjoy a choice of six main courses from our kids’ menu, complete with our much-loved shake-me salads, a drink of their choice and a dessert on the house when an adult orders a main meal.
Kids will enjoy a choice of six main courses from our kids’ menu, complete with much-loved shake-me salads, a drink of their choice and a dessert on the house when an adult orders a main meal.
Available from Friday 14 April- Sunday 30 April 2017. T&C apply – https://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/australia/restaurants/adelaide/kids-eat-free/
- Don’t let the crowds deter you – the service is fast and very well staffed
- Book ahead to avoid disappointment – you can book online too – https://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/australia/restaurants/adelaide/
- With the Kids Eat Free Special, these School Holidays is the perfect opportunity to venture into the city for the day (recommend train or tram to save on parking) and enjoy a lovely meal at Jamie’s Italian as a special treat. It is fun but not fine dining, it is as Jamie says about tradition and village spirit “good food for everyone”. Definitely lives up to the expectation of enjoyment for everyone.
- 4 out of 5 fish fingers for overall experience
Jamie’s Italian Adelaide, 2 King William St Adelaide
Monday – Sunday 12noon–10:30pm
Contact 08 7109 5000