Nope, they’re not cheap……..and you know why…..because they’re made STRONG, made to LAST and made to GROW with your kids. We need to stop buying cheap crap that lasts a few months, and start investing in great quality toys that encourage our kids to get outside, take risks and be active!
Funky Monkey Bars will be at The Show this year! You’ll find them in the Jubilee Pavilion offering;
- FREE PLAY so kids can ‘have-a-go’ on The Combat Ninja and The Gorilla with Flying Fox.
- 10% OFF the entire range for orders placed at the Adelaide Show only
- ENTER THE COMPETITION to WIN one of our most popular frames, The Orangutan.
Funky Monkey Bars® popped up in my Facebook news feed recently and having a child who thinks she’s half monkey…..I had to find out more.
Funky Monkey Bars® are an Australian company started by Perth Dad Shane Roberts, who made a set of monkey bars for his own kids back in 2009. Of course they were a massive hit, not only with his own kids, but also with their friends and local kids, and it was there that Funky Monkey Bars® was born.
We were SO lucky to be given “The Chimp” to set up at home and try out and IT. IS. AWESOME! It’s like having a playground in your own backyard! We’ve had our kid now for over 2 years and it gets played on MOST days and still looks brand new.
I have to admit, when the boxes arrived from the courier I was a little concerned with how easily 10 flat pack boxes was going to turn into a 5m x 3m set up BUT I’m being totally honest when I say that it took my husband and I just over and hour from start to finish. What looked like quite a process was very well explained in the instructions and actually pretty straight forward. We even took off dance lesson for 30 minutes of that and Dad had it built and ready to go by the time we got home.
Funky Monkey Bars® are all free standing – so there is no need to cement them into the backyard and you can move them around the yard if you need to. They’re made from galvanised steel they are tough enough to withstand lots of kids, Australian weather conditions and last for generations.
I love that you can customise them to suit your family. You can choose from 8 different colours for frame, swing and trapeze and there is a fantastic range of accessories that you can add on. There are toddler swings and nest swing options for little ones and flying fox, button swings and even a netball hoop add on for older kids. This really is something that you’ll have for years.
Since we first got our set back in 2017 we’ve added
- Cargo Net
- Flying Fox
- Boxing Bag
- Extra Bar with Ninja Grips
We really had a tough time trying to decide exactly what to surprise her with for her birthday, there’s too many cool things to choose from!! They arrived within a week of us ordering and Dad and Grandpa were able to add them onto our existing set in less than an hour (and quiet enough for it to remain a surprise until the next morning) Safe to say she LOVES it and over 2 years after we first set up our Funky Monkey Bars she is still out on them almost every single day. Before school, after school, on the weekends, with her friends, on her own.
They are not loosing their appeal one bit and we’ve added new accessories for each birthday and Christmas since. Our set up is now pretty epic!
Here’s what we love about Funky Monkey Bars®
- THEY’RE FREE STANDING There is no need to cement a Funky Monkey Bar into the ground. The unique patent Funky Monkey Bar design with its twirly – whirly bars provide the stability – just peg it down on grass.
- IT’S ADJUSTABLE As kids grow in size, skill and confidence the height adjustable Funky Monkey Bar can grow with them. Height adjustable anywhere between 1.2 to 2.3 m so they’re fun for parents too!
Prices start at $990 for the original
$1570 for The Chimp (the one we have)
right up to $3570 for some serious backyard monkey business with “The Mandrill”….I mean seriously how FUN does that look!
Here’s what you need to consider before investing in some Funky Monkey Bars®
- You’ll need some space. Sets start at 5m x 2.7m
- Although the building process was WAY easier than I thought, it still does take some time, some tools and some muscles to put together. So if you’re considering asking Santa for a set make sure he knows that he’ll need to hang around for an hour or two to help build.
- If you want it for Christmas you’ll need to order before the end of NOVEMBER for guaranteed delivery.
- Be prepared for your kids to spend way more time outside, in the fresh air, being active and having FUN!
If you had plans to get the kids a trampoline for Christmas STOP! Use that space in the backyard for something different, something new and something way more fun for ALL the family……including you!
FUNKY MONKEY BAR NINJA & COMBAT NINJA FRAMES AND ACCESSORIES
If your family has recently gone a bit Ninja Crazy you’ve gotta check out the brand new Funky Monkey NINJA RANGE and COMBAT NINJA RANGE. With add ons like Roman Rings, Boxing Bags, Ninja Grips, Delta Rings and Jungle Rope it’s one very quick way to turn your backyard into your very own Ninja course! Once you’ve decided on your Funky Monkey Bars Frame it’s very easy to add any (or all) of the Ninja accessories OR if you want to just dive right in how AWESOME is the Ninja Frame!!
It’s a great way for families to get outside and get active together. Kids can swing and play on the monkey bars while Mum and Dad sweat out a few rounds of boxing!
Funky Monkey Bars® are available to order online from their website at www.funkymonkeybars.com and you can
I received my Funky Monkey Bars free of charge for the purposes of this review however as for all reviews from Kids in Adelaide the above is honest and in my own words