On a recent trip to Europe with our three young children, I was dreading the flights. We had done a little bit of travel with the kids before, but with all three children our longest flight had been to Perth and the kids had not even looked like settling down to rest on that flight. So I was not looking forward to the 14 hour long haul flight to Europe AT ALL! Being concerned about the children sleeping or resting, I looked into a product that could provide more comfort for them and found Fly LegsUp. We were very excited!
This product is like a hammock for the feet and legs. Our eldest children were 4 and 2 years old at the time of travel so we used the kids version. Our first impression was of a small package that would easily fit into our backpack. This included 2 large inflatable pillows and 1 small pillow. Once settled on the plane, we put Fly LegsUp out for the girls and it honestly took maybe 1 minute to inflate the cushions and 3-4 minutes to attach the product. Super quick!
Once the hammock was attached and the girls got their pillows and blankets sorted, they were asleep! And they slept for almost the entire flight!
On our next, shorter flight, the kids used the hammocks to rest their legs on and play on the ipad, colour in or look at books. It was great! My husband and I actually got to watch some movies and sleep ourselves. So much better than we had anticipated.
Some things to note:
- The kids hammock is best for 5 and under. My niece also used the product and she’s quite tall for her age (5), but she still found it comfortable
- There are adults Fly LegsUp available too
- Make sure you have a row of seats in front of you as you need to attach the device to a tray table. We flew Qatar, which has a seating layout of 3-aisle-3-aisle-3. I sat with the baby at the bulkhead and my husband sat with the girls behind me and attached the Fly LegsUp product so they could sleep.
- Check where you are sitting and the seating layout of the aircraft so you’re at ease
- Get the product out at home first just to make sure you know what to do
- The product has easy to read instructions, plus large writing on the product to show you step-by-step how to attach it
- It is EASY to use! Super fast to set up
- Check with your travel agent/airline before using. Our airline said we couldn’t, but once on board they said it was no problems at all to use them
- Fly LegsUp pack up into a small, neat little bag with a clip so you can attach it to your backpack or put it inside your backpack
This is a sponsored post. The product was provided for us to try at my request as we had heard it was amazing. All information is my own experience and words. Some images are from Fly LegsUp, with permission, as my images were a bit dark and my kids are not models when they sleep so often had their heads covered by hair/blankets/books!