This is a recurring event:
Edinburgh SA 5111
The Australian Defence Force announced that RAAF Base Edinburgh in South Australia will host the next Defence Force Air Show on 9 and 10 November 2019.
Top Tips from Kids in Adelaide after visiting ahead of official open days to public
- Wear sunglasses ! take them for the kids too… there is ALOT of dust kicking around like ALOT
- I spotted loads of food trucks rolling in BUT I still say skip the line and bring the snacks in inc coffee! Drop past an OTR on the way to avoid a line up… there will be a line up!
- Its LOUD…. like LOUD… ear muffs and ear plugs and really have a think if your child/ren have any noise sensory issues and how you may find quiet space because it is LOUD everywhere and frequently
- Take a Visit to the STEM area (white tent) so many cool things to try like virtual welding, flying a helicopter simulator, testing out interactive displays, virtual reality and more !
- Saturday MAY be the quieter day (so my sources tell me) due to the pageant
- Expect big crowds so write phone numbers on kids arms, take photos of them as you arrive or whatever your strategy is! Lots too see, lots of people and little ones can go walk about… and have a meeting point if people get lost. This space is HUGE, LARGE AND there is no real central hub.
TICKETS ON SALE 1 JULY 10AM BUY HERE
Air Commodore Noddy Sawade, Head of Air Shows, said Defence was proud to stage the Air Show at RAAF Base Edinburgh.
“Defence has had a presence in South Australia since World War II and RAAF Base Edinburgh is a significant military base for the Australian Defence Force”.
“We are looking forward to putting on an Air Show that features historic aircraft as well as demonstrating some of the latest Defence military aircraft and technology”.
“The theme of the Edinburgh Air Show is ‘Vimy to Fifth Generation in 100 Years”.
“The Air Show will commemorate the Centenary of the epic flight in November 1919 of notable South Australian Sir Ross Smith and his brother, Sir Keith Smith, who flew from England to Australia in 1919 in a Vickers Vimy to win the Great Air Race.”
“The RAAF Museum and The Sir Ross Smith Foundation will have on display significant memorabilia associated with this epic flight. Historic aircraft will also be involved in flying displays and static displays on the ground,” Air Commodore Sawade said.
The Air Show will also showcase Air Force’s latest fifth generation military aircraft and technology.
“Flying displays are planned on both days and will feature fifth generation Air Force aircraft including fast jets, aircraft from the Air Mobility Fleet and the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance fleet. Air Force’s fifth generation maritime capability, the P-8 Poseidon which calls Adelaide home, will also take part in the Air Show,” Air Commodore Sawade said.
“Other highlights of the Air Show will include amazing performances by the Air Force Roulettes, the RAAF’s aerobatic team, with their new Pilatus PC-21 aircraft”.
“There’ll be plenty of entertainment on the ground with performances from the Air Force band as well as extensive displays of the latest military hardware and a wide range of defence and local industry displays, and children’s activities.”
Tickets will go on sale from July this year.
The Australian Defence Force stages Air Shows approximately every two to three years at various RAAF bases across Australia. The last Defence Air Show at RAAF Edinburgh was in 2007.
RAAF Base Edinburgh is the centre of the nation’s military intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and electronic warfare capabilities. It is also home to the Australian Army’s 1st Armoured Regiment and the 7th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment.
Tickets for the Edinburgh Air Show are available from 10am 1 July 2019 through Ticketmaster.
We recommend you only buy tickets from the authorised ticket seller. If you purchase a ticket from a third party, unofficial seller or online marketplace, there is no guarantee that it will be valid for entry.
Ticket prices are not inclusive of vendor booking fee (AU$2.95 per transaction).
$10 child aged 5 to 15
Free for children under 5
$60 family (2 adults, 2 children)
$20 child, up to 15 years, if they occupy a seat
Free for small accompanied children who do not occupy a grandseat seat
$160 family (2 adults, 2 children)
All tickets include public transport:
The cost of all Air Show tickets includes FREE public transport to and from RAAF Base Edinburgh or limited free off-site parking with shuttle bus transfers to RAAF Base Edinburgh if you prefer to drive.
Defence members in uniform and on duty accompanied by their immediate family will gain free access to the Edinburgh Air Show. Defence members will be required to show their Defence ID at the entrance gate.