The Autumn Leaves Festival
What? The Autumn Leaves Festival
- Kezzarumba singing her beautiful childrens songs
- Nature Craft for Aussie Kids by Kate Habmayer will be there. Guiding children to make nature crowns and decorate mud pies. Her book will be for sale at the sign in desk
- Mighty Mighty Coffee will be there with his amazing coffee cart
- There will also be a cake stand to raise funds for playgroups new butterfly garden and a raffle to raise funds for ‘Gladys the tractor’ who will maintain the garden and our playgroup site. A very important job!
- Raffle tickets are $5 and will be drawn on the 11th of May
Other activities for the morning will be…
- Lots of Muddy Play!
- Make delicious herb, flower and mud soup at our soup kitchen. So much messy fun!
- Create mud pies in our mud pit and decorate with Kate from Nature Craft for Aussie Kids
- Paint a giant mud painting under the Ash tree
- Leaf rubbing with charcoal and pastels
- Watering and nurturing our new veggie garden
- Nature crowns with Kate from Nature Craft for Aussie Kids
- Play in our new sandpit and search for giant bugs
- Explore pond life and see how many frogs you can find
- Clay play with flowers and sticks to create little insects or pinch pots. Create anything you like!
- Nature sensory exploration for babies
- Quiet reading area under the big old ash tree
- Dress ups
- Role play in the cubby house
- Loose parts play
- Collecting grass and other objects to weave on our nature weaving stand
- Exploring the garden
- Bug collecting
For babies there will be a safe area to watch the breeze in the trees and explore natural textures and sounds. Lots of books and natural blocks for holding and exploring.
A change of clothes, rubber boots and outdoor clothing.
Morning tea for your little ones.
Sun safe hats and sunblock if needed
A towel and a bag for dirty items 🙂
There are bathroom facilities located in the Old School building.
Parking is available on premise and on Old Mount Barker Rd
You will be notified if the event is cancelled due to poor weather conditions
Where? The Old School Community Garden in Stirling
100 Old Mount Barker Rd
When? Wednesday the 13th of April, 9.45am – 11.45am
$4 per child
Free under 6 months
$10 enrolment fee per family to cover insurance for 2016- enrolment form at desk. Due on second visit please. Cost cover materials, craft supplies, water usage, future garden development and resources like books and seeds, gardening tools.
I'm a mum to two little girls, Elka Scout and Spencer Eden. I'm a school teacher, sport lover and Milo addict. I don't particularly like blue tongue lizards even though I know they keep snakes away.